Our School Day
Be sure to take a look at our amazing curriculum by clicking here. Below is a sample of what our daily schedule looks like. In addition to the sample schedule below, we also invite special visitors to conduct in-school field trips, we have super fun theme days, and fri-YAY (Fun Friday!).
Our School Day: Sample Schedule of Activities
- Circle Time: This social skills-centered group time is designed to introduce and reinforce academic concepts such as alphabet recognition, letter sounds, numbers 1-100, colors, days of the week, months of the year, patterning, geography and weather. This time of the day, which also serves as one of our many story times, also includes opportunities for students to get up and move their bodies..
- Snack and Lunch: One family is assigned one day to provide a healthy snack each month. Each child brings their own healthy lunch each day.
- Writer’s Workshop: Students keep a journal according to the topics presented in class. The concept of “pictures tell a story” is used to move children along the path of early literacy and reading. Children journal about personal experiences and are motivated to write so they will always remember the special moments they enjoyed!
- Table Time Academic Centers: Students are divided into small groups for this rotating instruction time.
- Recess: Students have approximately 35-40 minutes per day of outdoor activity, weather permitting.
- Music and Movement: Our music curriculum utilizes classic rhyming songs, classical music, current hits, and global music to encourage a well-rounded appreciation for music. Rhythm, elements of performance, musical theater, composition, and more are introduced on weekly.
- Library Time: A portion of each day is devoted experience the wonder of books in our expansive classroom library. The concept of cataloging books by topic and theme is introduced in our program to further prepare students for elementary school. We routinely assess each child's reading level in order to best meet each student's ever-changing and individualized academic needs and goals.
- Free Choice Centers: The science center, writing center, creative art experiences, block play, pretend play, library, sensory activities, tech/iPad center, dress-up, puzzles, fine motor activities and manipulative exploration are available options during Free Choice time.
- Closing Circle Time: This is a time to wind down the day and reflect on what we have learned. The monthly theme is also reinforced at this time with an ending story supporting the theme and encouraging open ended discussion